Megan Downs, LMT, E-RYT
Megan has developed a unique massage technique that works deeply by targeting specific problem areas while keeping in mind the whole. She incorporates a variety of methods, customizing every session for the needs of the individual, and always with the intention to guide the client to health, peace, and happiness. Megan also offers instruction on proper alignment awareness through yoga or simply by discussing posture in everyday situations.
I like to think of massage therapy and yoga as methods of helping people feel better, and empowering them by creating a space to become more self aware. Once the distraction of physical stress or pain is lifted, we have the chance to take a breath and just feel good. Oftentimes, I see the stress across clients’ faces and almost literally the weight on their shoulders before a treatment. I believe wholistic modalities like myofascial release massage and yoga (literally meaning “to yoke,” or “union”) give people a chance to feel their mind, body, and heart connection, and bring us back to what matters to us as individuals. When that same person walks out of the treatment room, I can tell that some part of them, maybe even just subconsciously, has remembered what it is like to rest, to breathe, and to smile. I love this gift. Imagine how the world might be different if everyone had a regular massage.
Benefits of Massage
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Massage Training Expereince:
- 2010 Cortiva Institute (PA School of Muscle Therapy) 600 hour
- 2011 Body Therapy Associates (Carole Osbourne) Pre- and Perinatal Massage Therapy 32 hour
- 2011 Nature's Stones Inc. Advanced Hot Stone
- 2012 Nature's Stones Inc. Executive Stress Relief and Cool Lift Face Rejuvination
- 2013 Nature's Stones Inc. Symptomatic Assessment and Treatment Series
- 2013 Thomas Myers' Anatomy Trains® Myofascial Meridians
- 2013 Bellabaci Method of Modern Cupping
- 2014 Myofascial Release
- 2014 Sports Massage
- 2014 Aromatherapy
- 2016 Lymph Drainage
SERVICES & RATES
Investing in massage is an investment in your health.
Swedish Massage is a relaxing, fluent massage that promotes relaxation, eases muscle tension, and improves circulation to the muscle tissue, leaving you in a head-to-toe, all over peaceful state of being.
Therapeutic Massage utilizes a variety of techniques with a focus on relieving more specific areas of tension or pain. May include myofascial release, trigger point therapy, energy work, and deep tissue. The session is always catered to the client's specific needs and goals.
*Hot Stone Massage is a deeply therapeutic and relaxing full body experience. Smooth, heated basalt stones are used with every stroke of the massage, their warmth penetrating deeply into the tissues of the body; releasing muscle tension and promoting good circulation. Uniquely-shaped hand-carved stones may be used as therapeutic tools to soften and release trigger points and fascial tension as needed. Great for the ultimate relaxation experience or the most therapeutic of massages.
*Bellabaci Method of Cupping is a unique massage system in which the practitioner uses silicon cups in combination with the Bellabaci "Genies," containing lovely organic essential oils and homeopathic synergies, as tools to boost the effectiveness of massage. This simple cupping technique is helpful in increasing circulation, relieving tension and pain in muscles, releasing fascial restrictions, assisting in the removal of toxins from stagnation, aiding in digestion, and much more! *Unlike any other massage, clients can benefit from the Bellabaci Cups and Genies by purchasing your own System to use at home between treatments!*
Prenatal Massage is for the mother-to-be! Beginning in the second trimester, enjoy a prenatal massage to help reduce physical and mental tension. Just as with any massage therapy session, please inform your therapist of any specific needs or concerns. A high risk pregnancy requires a doctor's note and brief consultation with the therapist.
60 Minute Massage $90
90 Minute Massage $130
*Specialty Add $10
To schedule an appointment with Megan
please call 215-206-3394
In our desire to be effective and fair to all of our clients, please note the following policies: 24 hour advanced notice is required when changing or canceling an appointment. This allows the opportunity for someone else to schedule an appointment. Charges may be assessed for changes made less than 24 hours.
If you arrive late your session may be shortened in order to accommodate others whose appointments follow yours. Regardless of the length of the treatment given, you will be responsible for the full scheduled session amount.