Jonathan Labman, MA, LPC, E-RYT
Please Explore this Wonderful upcoming Group opportunity with Jonathan; Awakening Boot Camp: an Invitation to Discover Enlightenment. More information can be found by clicking here.
It takes courage to decide to change: congratulations on taking the first step to decrease your emotional pain. I'm here to assist you with a holistic, interactive and non-judgmental style that can help you to solve problems and grow. You'll learn how to feel and communicate your feelings, and discover they are not your enemies but, your teachers. I can help with most diagnoses, especially anxiety and depression and have two specialties: trauma and spirituality. I work with individuals and couples, and hold meditation and discussion groups. I have significant credentials from 40 years of study, 26 years in the healing professions and 16 years as a therapist. I hold a Certificate in Traumatic Studies from The Trauma Center (Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.) and frequently work with trauma survivors who have mental health & addiction issues.
Here you’ll find expert help to recover from painful circumstances, mental illness or trauma. You’ll also find assistance to live in the Present Moment, in the Now, or in your condition as Simply Awake. I focus my work with you through four “lenses” or specialties.:
Helping you to heal from depression, anxiety, simple trauma (PTSD) or chronic developmental trauma
This is the process of discovering and learning: what trauma may have done to your brain and body,
• what painful experiences have done to your view of the world,
• how you've coped with what trauma's done to your brain and body (you've probably tried to soothe and regulate yourself in many different ways),
• how you can change your view of yourself, others, and the world by examining how your views have been influenced by your painful experiences and/or trauma and
• how you can feel physically and emotionally better by unwinding the tension inherent in untreated trauma.
I recommend simple body-based techniques, easy meditation practices, and non-pharmacological interventions that can help loosen the grip of trauma on your body. When important for your recovery, I will also help you to find a psychiatrist for an evaluation and treatment with medication.
Helping people in the LGBTQI communities
I have been working with people in the LGBTQI communities as an open and accepting therapist for 16 years including:
• helping people to determine if they are gay, lesbian or bisexual
• assisting in the 'coming out' process
• helping people understand how to relate and date with more ease and grace
• supporting those diagnosed with HIV/AIDS
• helping people to know their true spiritual nature and possibility of enlightenment.
Helping you to become 'Simply Awake' or Spiritually Enlightened
This is the process of the total integration of all aspects of the human condition: Shadow, Persona, Ego, Body, and the Transcendent Self, sometimes called Consciousness. I can help you to move into this condition called Awakening or Enlightenment, and to discover what the myths and truths are about this condition. I've been guiding people into the condition called awakening for 15 years and it is the heart and soul of my practice to work as a guide to enlightenment. The traditional approach to enlightenment was for a teacher to work with a student in one-to-one sessions; that's how we'll do it too.
Helping those who are 'Simply Awake' or Spiritually Enlightened with Shadow, Ego and Trauma Issues
It's difficult for people who are already spiritually awakened to the truth that they are also the Transcendent, to find a mentor who can also help with that which arises during the purification process after the initial awakening. Relationship issues, career issues, memories of long suppressed traumas, and other aspects of the ego or shadow (shadowy hidden parts of oneself) can arise even when the ego is no longer at the center of your life. The process from glimpses of awakening, to a steady state of being awake as Self, and then the transitions on the way to No-self can be difficult and frightening. I can help you do that kind of work. I've been awake since 2001 and guiding people into the condition called awakening for 15 years; dealing with the arising issues is the most satisfying and challenging part of my work, requiring a continued refining of discriminative intelligence on my part AND yours.
Helping to Build Trust
I have the therapeutic credentials that will help you to feel safe working with me:
• a license as a Professional Counselor in Pennsylvania, #PC005696
• two special certification in Trauma Treatment, one from the Trauma Center of Justice Resources Institute (Dr. Bessel van der Kolk, Dr. Joseph Spinazzola and staff), and one with Dr. Bruce Perry (Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics)
• a certification in Energy Healing
• a certification (inactive) as an E-RYT or Registered Yoga Teacher
• a license (inactive) as a Massage Therapist (in New York State).
• Along with the traditional credentials, I have the appropriate 'esoteric' credentials to go with helping you move into and through the awakening process.
For more information: see www.simplyawake.com.